Xrobb l-Għaġin Nature Park and Sustainable Development Centre consists of over 155,000 square metres on a jutting peninsula with scenic views in the south east of Malta within the locality of Marsaxlokk.Put Xrobb l-Ghagin and other Marsaxlokk attractions into our Marsaxlokk trip maker site, and watch your holiday take shape.
The purpose of the project is education, demonstration and research in sustainable environment solutions with the overall objective of increasing the use of renewable energy, wastewater management and safeguarding biodiversity.
# Renewable Energy: The site serves as a research area on renewable sources of energy whilst producing energy from wind turbines and photovoltaic panels on site.
# Water and Wastewater – There is optimal rainwater harvesting and practical use of both treated wastewater and collected rainwater.
# Biodiversity – Protection of existing natural habitats, namely garigue, steppe and endemic cliff communities as well as afforestation of over 15,000 trees with indigenous trees and shrubs within degraded areas.
# Energy efficiency measures and use of natural daylight and ventilation within the buildings to ensure that sustainable living is further promoted.
# Environmental education within the complex facilities include equipped conference and classroom facilities, hostel facilities on site, fully interpreted walking routes, information boards and lesson plans for organised day visits and overnight stays on environmental education.
# Promotion of eco-tourism within the south east of Malta including accommodation at the hostel, walking and cycling routes.
FACILITIES ON SITE
- A thirty bed hostel situated with unobstructed sea views from all sides and in full view of the magnificient sunrise. The hostel caters for both students and adults. It can be used for overnight stays for students, including fieldwork activities, and also for adults wanting to reside in the beauty of a nature park. The venue is also ideal for Yoga retreats, private functions with the possibility of overnight stays, weddings, parties or any other function.
- Conference facilities include a hall with a hundred seat capacity.
- Classroom specifically for small children
- Catering and canteen facilities
- Fully interpreted tour within the Nature Park and Sustainable Development Centre
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CAMPS
- Daily environmental outings for school children.
- Overnight full board stays for environmental camps and ecotourism enthusiasts
- The organisation of overnight environmental camps for students from Year 5 to Form 5.
- Weekend courses for youth organisations and other adult groups.
- Organised weekly or longer stays for foreign and local groups and families.
- Parties for children focusing on the environment.
- Daily activities for groups of persons and also catering for the elderly and the needs of persons with disability.
- The possibility for the public to walk within the park and to visit the sustainable development centre.
- Guided walks within the southeast of Malta.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Xrobb l-Ghagin reviews
Spectacular sea views and a great walk. Never busy with people. Getting there is not the easiest but certainly worth the bumps in the road.
Spectacular sea views and a great walk. Never busy with people. Getting there is not the easiest but certainly worth the bumps in the road. more »
Walked and saw the National Park..the rock formations far better and interesting than dingli cliffs in our opinion. Nicely tendered garden and paths for walking around.
Walked and saw the National Park..the rock formations far better and interesting than dingli cliffs in our opinion. Nicely tendered garden and paths for walking around. more »
Beautiful place to be.. very peaceful and being part of nature is awesome
Plan your trip to Marsaxlokk
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Marsaxlokk
Trips in Xrobb l-Ghagin by other users
31 days in France, Italy & Malta BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Paris Versailles Palermo 30 days in Italy & Malta BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Bologna Santa Margherita Ligure Positano 6 days in Malta BY A USER FROM BELGIUM Valletta Mdina 6 days in Malta BY A USER FROM BELGIUM Mdina Valletta 60 days in Island of Malta BY A USER FROM TURKEY Valletta 39 days in Island of Malta BY A USER FROM CANADA Sliema