Trip Planner: Europe / Greece / Ionian Islands / Kefalonia / Katelios / Fishing Tourism Kefalonia Dimitrios-Efthimia
Fishing Tourism and Cruises in KefaloniaTo visit Fishing Tourism Kefalonia Dimitrios-Efthimia on your trip to Katelios, use our Katelios itinerary tool.
Captain Dimitris and his wife Efthimia,welcome you to fishing tourism in Kefalonia and to their fishing boat "Dimitrios-Efthimia".
Captain Dimitris,a 3rd generation fisherman,since 1987 offers you the possibility to experience traditional fishing in which you can take on the precious elements of the sea.
His wife Efthimia,not only a valuable helping hand but also a great cook,will put you up in her "second home",the fishing boat and she will prepare an exquisite sea food meal that you will remember for years to come.
Activities - Programme
Enjoy an unforgettable fishing cruise with your family or friends!
- The hospitable fishing boat "Dimitrios-Efthimia" departs from Katelios harbour at 8.00 a.m heading for the fishplace which Captain Dimitris has chosen depending on the season and the weather. On our way we may meet dolphins and the famous turtles "Caretta-Caretta" swimming in the deep blue waters of the Ionian archipelago.
- We reach the fishplace in about an hour where we will have the chance to experience fishing with nets not only for Cods, Red-mullets,Scorpion fish, Dentex, Seabreams but also for Lobsters, Norway Lobsters and Crabs, or fishing with longline for Sword fish and Tuna. Only when we pull in the nets do we realise how excited a fisherman gets at the sight of a good catch.
- After fishing we steer to a beautiful isolated beach which has access only by boat. Meanwhile we empty the nets and we store the fish in ice. We anchor by the beach and there you will enjoy a wonderful swim in the turquoise crystal clear waters while Efthimia will be preparing a delicious meal.
- Under the shade of the boat,feeling the sea breeze we enjoy a good lunch made of the fish we caught, fresh ogranic vegetables and homemade wine of fine quality.
- We return at Katelios harbour at about 3.00 p.m.
Location - Map
Katelios is a traditional fishing village on Kefalonia's southern coast.
The village is situated in a flat large plain withe fertile soil watered by the streams of the nearby mountains.
This rural setting is a paradise for lovers of nature where they can discover rare plants and birds.
Its a pretty place ,with just a couple of beaches,a little harbour and a smattering of shops and high-quality tavernas.
Agia Varvara,the main beach,is a tranquil sand beach backed by pine trees,eucalyptus and rose bushes.
You will find a good selection of fish tavernas near the small marina from where you can enjoy stunning views of the Ionian Sea until the island of Zakynthos and the western coast of Peloponnese.
Although there has been significant tourist development,Katelios hasn't lost its character and remains a quiet and peaceful destination,ideal for nature lovers and those seeking relaxation.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Fishing Tourism Kefalonia Dimitrios-Efthimia reviews
An absolute must for anyone visiting Kephalonia even if you are not into fishing! Efi, Dimitrios and Mohammed are fantastic people who went out of their way to make every part of our trip enjoyable...
An absolute must for anyone visiting Kephalonia even if you are not into fishing! Efi, Dimitrios and Mohammed are fantastic people who went out of their way to make every part of our trip enjoyable... more »
We had a fabulous day with Dimitris and Efi. Helping to take fish from the nets, then 2 swimming stops, then a lovely lunch prepared by Efi from the fish caught plus salads and wine etc. This was one.... more
We had a fabulous day with Dimitris and Efi. Helping to take fish from the nets, then 2 swimming stops, then a lovely lunch prepared by Efi from the fish caught plus salads and wine etc. This was one.... more »
What an Incredible day!! Took off on time - 8.00am. Tea and coffee was served alongside a selection of pastries. Great start! Pulled out of the harbour and about a mile out to sea, the machines kicked into action and the nets were being reeled in. We all mucked in with removing fish from the nets,….apart from the scorpion fish, that was left to the professionals. We pulled over to a cove and went for a swim in the most spectacular turquoise sea, whilst our hosts - the wonderful Eyffi and lovely Dimitrios cleared up and started cooking the catches of the day. We then went on to the next cove and moored up. Swam again, then used some of the natural clay to cover ourselves in the hope of looking 10 years younger….when washed off….ummm?? Lunch served up, was spaghetti in tomato sauce. Half a lobster each, lots of red mullet, cuttlefish and a large member of the prawn family, forgot it’s name, accompanied with Salad, wine and beer. It was a fantastic day!! Our hosts could not have made it more pleasurable than it was. The scenery was spectacular, the water, the food, even the other customers on the trip, were fabulous fun. Thank you guys for the most memorable and brilliant value for money. Totally recommend this trip!!!
An amazing trip...Efi and the guys were so friendly you instsntly felt like old friends. The boat is well equipped and impeccably clean. Coffee and cakes on arrival. Plenty of drinks for the day, and Efi's homemade lemonade is a must. Sorting the fish from the nets is as hands on as you want, the choice is yours. The food Efi produces, both the cooked fish and homemade salads is both delicious and plentiful. Scenery second to none snd we stopped for leisurely breaks at 3 secluded beaches. An absolutely stunning day out, loved every minute.
Plan your trip to Katelios
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Katelios
Trips in Fishing Tourism Kefalonia Dimitrios-Efthimia by other users
26 days in Greece BY A USER FROM MARTINIQUE Corfu Town Kalambaka Nafplio 26 days in Greece BY A USER FROM CANADA Corfu Town Kalambaka Nafplio 18 days in Switzerland, Zakynthos & Kefalonia BY A USER FROM BRAZIL Lucerne Interlaken Zermatt 57 days in Greece BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Mykonos Town Fira Heraklion 52 days in Italy & Greece BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Venice Verona Florence 21 days in Amsterdam, Italy & Greece BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES Amsterdam Venice Skala