Trip Planner: South Pacific / Australia / New South Wales / Murwillumbah / Tweed Regional Museum - Murwillumbah
The Tweed Regional Museum is a Tweed Shire Council community facility, established in 2004, with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Tweed Shire Council and the Murwillumbah, Tweed Heads and Uki and South Arm Historical Societies.Plan your visit to Tweed Regional Museum - Murwillumbah and a wealth of other attractions, well-known and undiscovered, using our Murwillumbah holiday maker.
It is one museum that operates across three branch locations; Murwillumbah, Tweed Heads and Uki, and in association with these three local Historical Societies. The three locations connect the Tweed Shire from the coast to the mountains, providing a unique journey into the history, people and places of the majestic Tweed Valley.
The Murwillumbah branch is located in the original Tweed Shire Council Chambers of 1915, with significant objects such as the massive Robey steam engine, the original Council Chambers meeting table and larger-than-life fibreglass Banana Jim, mascot of the annual Banana Festival.
Tweed Heads Branch
The Tweed Heads branch consists of four historic buildings that have been relocated to a tranquil riverside park setting. One of these buildings, the former RSL Hall, has been closed to the public from Monday 2 June 2014 due to public workplace and safety issues.
Displays have been temporarily removed to the Museum's purpose-built storage facility for safe keeping.
The Tweed Heads Historical Society research facilities housed in the Court House building, as well as the historic Boyds Shed and Deck House, remain open to the public during normal opening hours.
The smallest branch of the Museum is in the picturesque village of Uki, nestled at the base of Wollumbin - Mt Warning. This branch is a local heritage resource centre housing a small collection of historic objects and photographs about life over the years in the remote upper reaches of the Valley.
Our Facebook Page Rules
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US
• Our page is monitored during business hours 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
• We aim to respond to enquiries via a comment or Messenger contact as soon as possible however within business hours.
• We will delete/hide any posts or comments that violate our Page Rules.
• We will ban any person, business or group who repeatedly violates our Page Rules.
• We take a zero tolerance approach to online abuse via any of our social media channels. They are an extension of our customer services and we will treat you with respect at all times, and expect the same in return.
• Customer Service standards are in line with our Customer Service Charter.
For more information about our social media policy see Online and Social Media Policy
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
By engaging with Council on social media you agree to:
• Not reveal any personal or sensitive information about yourself or others on this page, including naming of Council officers.
• Protect your personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses in public posts or comments. Please consider your privacy and that of others by only private messaging us with this information.
• Be respectful of others and their opinions.
• Not harass, abuse or threaten other visitors or site administrators.
• Not use obscene or offensive language.
• Not post defamatory or belittling comments about our community members including Council staff and Councillors.
• Not post comments repeatedly.
• Not post information which is factually inaccurate and may mislead others.
• Not post comments that are likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability.
• Not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-government agency.
We support the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (hyperlink to http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) and related Facebook policies, and we request our visitors to do the same.
Restrictions about access to and content placed on our Facebook sites relating to local government elections may be put in place to ensure our compliance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 1979. Inappropriate content may be removed.
Disclaimer: Although we take care in producing the content for Facebook, it does not guarantee that the information is accurate, complete or current, and that the data is free from defects. Tweed Shire Council does not accept any responsibility to you if you incur any loss or damage (however it was caused) in connection with the use of Facebook or any website it links to.
Create a full itinerary - for free!
Tweed Regional Museum - Murwillumbah reviews
This was a really well done museum. Certainly worth a visit if in the area. Good relevant information and modern displays.
This was a really well done museum. Certainly worth a visit if in the area. Good relevant information and modern displays. more »
Really lovely little museum. Well set out. It was good for kids. A little bit of everything (geological history, recent history, fossils, aboriginal history). Well presented for kids. A highlight was.... more
Really lovely little museum. Well set out. It was good for kids. A little bit of everything (geological history, recent history, fossils, aboriginal history). Well presented for kids. A highlight was.... more »
A nice small town museum. I went there to see the geological display - but the rest was also really good
A great insight into Murwillumbah, with an interesting perspective given to me personally by Patrick, the Curator.
Plan your trip to Murwillumbah
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Murwillumbah
Side trips from Murwillumbah
Nearby attractions in Murwillumbah
Hidden gems in Murwillumbah
Trips in Tweed Regional Museum - Murwillumbah by other users
52 days in New South Wales BY A USER FROM ISRAEL Blackheath Pokolbin Nelson Bay 10 days in Byron Bay BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Blue Bay Divers Horseback Riding Tours Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat 3 days in Murwillumbah BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Tweed Regional Museum - Murwillumbah Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre Red Rattlers Gallery 31 days in Brisbane BY A USER FROM SOUTH AFRICA Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt. Coot-tha Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Helicopter Tours 36 days in Brisbane SEE PLAN Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Mount Coot-Tha Summit Lookout Queensland Museum & Sciencentre 35 days in Gold Coast BY A USER FROM INDIA Natural Bridge Surfers Paradise Golf Club Gold Coast Regional Botanic Gardens