The £63 million Dockside Outlet Centre is a Grade ll Listed Building and was originally constructed at Woolwich Dockyard in about 1847, but was dismantled and re-erected in Chatham Dockyard in around 1876. The building is historically important, as an early example of the use of cast and wrought iron, most of which can still be viewed.Before you head to Chatham, plan trip itinerary details with our user-friendly Chatham attractions planner, to make sure you see all that Chatham has to offer, including Dockside Outlet Centre.
The Outlet Centre itself is built around a magnificent Grade II star listed building of cast and wrought iron built by the Royal Navy in Woolwich Dockyard in 1847 and later re-erected in Chatham between 1865-69. The original designers went on to build the Crystal Palace.
We encourage comments on Dockside related subjects in an intelligent and constructive manner. We reflect a wide range of interests for the benefit of all of our users.
* Keep your comments relevant to the topic. Off-topic comments will be removed so we can keep discussions focused for all of our users. New discussions may be started on new topics and all relevant comments should be directed there.
* Treat others as you would like to be treated. Be polite, even if you disagree. Abusive language, aggression and bullying are not allowed (whether aimed at users, individuals, Dockside or other companies). Distressing content is also banned.
* We will try to help you with any queries, but to respect your privacy we cannot ask for personal contact details on this page.
* To safeguard the privacy of individuals any postings including information that may identify individuals offline may be removed.
* Constructive criticisms of Dockside which we can act on or respond to are allowed.
* Repeated duplicate postings (spam) by the same user or groups will be removed as they clutter up discussions for other users.
* Comments subject to legal issues (slander, defamation, contempt of court) or publicising / encouraging / endorsing illegal activity will be removed.
* Content with overt religious or political bias intended to incite others will be removed. Aggressive lobbying that disrupts the community for other Dockside users will be removed.
* Impersonating brands or other users or featuring licensed or copyright material is not allowed.
* Images and video where consent from those featured is not clear will be removed.
* We do not allow links to non-Dockside sites as we cannot guarantee the content of those sites.
Finally, Dockside retains the right to remove content posted to Facebook or block users from posting to this page for any other reason deemed necessary to create a helpful community.
Please respect all of Facebook’s terms and conditions https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
Dockside Outlet Centre reviews
This is a great shopping centre that offers 4 hours of free parking. There is a great variety of shops including The Range, Pound Stretchers, Iceland, Roman, Claire's Accessories, M & S and Pavers... more »
Needed some clothes for my husband for his new job ,so I checked the web site for closing hours and it said 8pm. Rushed over in the heat to get to the shop I needed at about 6pm to find the shop I... more »
Not a massive selection of stores but some unusual stuff and pretty much all you need for clothes shoes and housewares with a few bargains. Clean and comfortable and fairly quiet when we were there.
I was surprised by how many shops were inside, its looks smaller than it actually is. There's some good shops in there but some very over priced ones and some that seem only people who are doing quite well financially can afford. But yeah, a nice centre to go visit.
Plan your trip to Chatham
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Chatham
Side trips from Chatham
Hidden gems in Chatham
Nearby attractions in Chatham
Museums in Chatham
Spas in Chatham
Trips to Dockside Outlet Centre by other users
31 days in Basildon BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Wat Tyler Country Park Partyman World Of Play Orca Scuba Diving Academy 12 days in Medway BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Chatham 15 days in Barking BY A USER FROM NIGERIA Chartwell St Peter & St Paul Edenbridge Parish Church Hever Castle & Gardens 1 day in Chatham BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Hempstead Valley Riverside Country Park Dockside Outlet Centre 47 days in Medway BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Rochester 3 days in Medway BY A USER FROM UNITED KINGDOM Rochester