Trip Planner: South Pacific / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane Region / Ipswich / The Workshops Rail Museum
Part of the Queensland Museum NetworkPut The Workshops Rail Museum and other Ipswich attractions into our Ipswich sightseeing planner, and watch your holiday take shape.
ENews | http://bit.ly/TWRM-ENews
Twitter | http://twitter.com/RailMuseum_Qld
Instagram | http://instagram.com/theworkshopsrailmuseum
Pinterest | http://pinterest/railmuseumqld
The Workshops Rail Museum, part of the Queensland Museum Network, administers this page as a forum to exchange stories, information, ideas and images that enhance the richness and variety of the collections and research outcomes of the Museum.
Comments and other content posted by you on this fan page may be removed by the administrator if it:
• impersonates any other person or falsely claim to represent any other person, whether living or dead, real or fictitious
• is abusive, harassing, threatening or violates the legal rights of others
• is misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous
• is a statement that may interfere with or prejudice the course of or otherwise deals with civil or criminal proceedings that are presently before any court, tribunal, commission or similar body or any investigation by the police, Crime and Misconduct Commission or other agency
• seeks to raise personal matters which have been dealt with or concluded judicially
• uses insulting, threatening or provocative language or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people
• incites hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
• includes indecent, obscene, pornographic or otherwise inappropriate language, information or other content
• infringes the intellectual property rights of others or discloses their confidential information
• contains any commercial advertising material
• is not relevant to the themes currently being discussed and sought to be addressed in connection with the Queensland Museum or
• invades the personal privacy of any other person or groups without their consent
Users found to be repeatedly engaging in the above activities will be banned from this page.
The Workshops Rail Museum reviews
I did a day trip by train to Ipswich to visit The Workshops Rail Museum. A short 2km walk from the train station and a brief checkin at the office before being my tour. I did ask for a map to... more »
I loved it it was great for my grandpa and he loved it. He's 103 so it was a special treat! Loved the rails. more »
This place is huge!! Lots of history with heritage listed buildings and enormous garden areas. So much to see inside the museum itself, such as the model rail display....which is fabulous. And "Underworld, Mugshots from the Roaring 20's" is an amazing exhibit visiting from a Sydney museum at the moment, finishes in Feb 2019, definitely worth a look!! All the staff were friendly and helpful. Plus they have a lovely cafe with good food and coffee. Or you can bring your own picnic and eat in the grounds.
What a great place to take the kids! See our culture, learn fascinating facts and the rail museum always puts on great themes for the kids. The price was well worth the 3 hours spent here. Practically had to drag the kids out!
Plan your trip to Ipswich
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Ipswich
Side trips from Ipswich
Hidden gems in Ipswich
Museums in Ipswich
Nearby attractions in Ipswich
Trips to The Workshops Rail Museum by other users
6 days in Mataranka & Ipswich BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Mataranka · Ipswich 19 days in Gold Coast BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Zipline · Tamborine Mountain · Kurrawa Pratten Park 4 days in Ipswich BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Queens Park · Nerima Gardens · Robelle Domain 3 days in Nimbin & Ipswich BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Nimbin · Ipswich 60 days in Brisbane Region BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Brisbane · Woodford · Gatton 19 days in Brisbane BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Brisbane