Hear is a list of 10 reasons to bring yourself, your familiy, your friends, your dog, your mates from bookclub, (anyone really) to the next Creswick Market:A visit to Creswick Market represents just the start of the adventure when you use our Creswick trip planner to plot your vacation.
1. We showcase some of the best fresh produce, artists and designers in the region. At Creswick Market you can see what the Central Highlands is all about- being gorgeous.
2. We aim to source as many stall holders as possible within one hour of base camp. So you know your shopping has a low carbon foot print.
3. Because you can talk directly to our makers you know are getting top quality, loving made or freshly harvested, for the best prices available.
4. We aim to have only one or two stall holders selling similar things, guaranteed diversity, and we evolve with the seasons.
5. We have an amazing selection of handpicked buskers, adding their talent to the mix and the delightful atmosphere.
6. We are children, wheelchair, pram, and dog friendly. All are welcome, something for everyone.
7. Our market is set in the lovely, historical grounds of Creswick Neighbourhood Centre- surrounded by trees and gardens. No streets or cattle sheds for us.
8. By supporting our market you are not just supporting local small business, but also Creswick Neighbourhood Centre and the local youth group, adult education classes, free internet access, community garden and community drop in groups, jam sessions, new mothers group- everything that the Neighbourhood Centre does!
9. We are only 15-20 minutes drive from Daylesford or Ballarat, and a cruisey hour and fifteen from Melbourne (straight up the Western Freeway & turn right).
10. The fun doesn't stop here! Creswick is surrounded by beautiful lakes and forests for great walking, is the home of Creswick Woollen Mills where you can meet the alpacas and see the entire production process, as well as the nearby Tangle Maze and Tuki Trout Farm. Not to mention our World Class Golf Course at the Novotel Forest Resort. Chat to the friendly volunteers in the Visitor Information Centre to find the thing for you.
We run on the 3rd Saturday of the month, rain hail or shine, so lock in your next trip to Creswick Market today! See you there!
Creswick Market reviews
When ever we are in Creswick and it coincides with the market we like to drop in. Its an interesting small country market which runs the first and thirs saturdays each week from 9am to 1pm. Stalls..... more »
Lots of home grown and home made products, food etc. A great market we are very glad we got to go to during our break. more »
Great market. However it was a very hot day, and I was shocked that there was a man selling little birds, and they were in direct sunlight in a small cage, I was horrified as I thought it was illegal to do this now, I asks him politely to put them in the shade, he just ignored me! Poor little birds didn't have any water I fretted about them all night, I will call the Creswick council about it and update you with an answer. Other than that, great market, good food, music, clothing, stalls,artesian breads etc..
A lovely country market, filled with local producer's making traditional breads, fabulous sauces and marinades, fudges, spices and dried foods, seedlings and plants, hand made boards to bird houses, children's and adult clothing, hats and socks, amazing enga coffee, soaps and delightful oils and sticks, hand made genuine gem jewelry, fresh vegetables and eggs, homemade pastries. Open air under the gum trees and inside stalls. There is truly something for everyone, a delightful surprise this one!
Plan your trip to Creswick
Get a personalized tripA complete day by day itinerary
based on your preferences
Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
Book itChoose from the best hotels
and activities. Up to 50% off
Manage itEverything in one place.
Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Creswick
Side trips from Creswick
Hidden gems in Creswick
Trips to Creswick Market by other users
2 days in Creswick BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Creswick Market Cottage Mart St John's Anglican Church 1 day in Creswick BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Creswick Market St George's Lake Creswick Woollen Mills 1 day in Creswick BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Creswick Market Creswick Woollen Mills Captains Creek Organic Wines 1 day in Creswick BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Creswick Market St George's Lake Creswick Woollen Mills 2 days in Daylesford & the Macedon Ranges BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Seymour Daylesford 23 days in Oceania BY A USER FROM INDIA Asquith Ashfield Ascot